Cream of Broccoli Soup
Making a high-powered, nutrient-dense soup can have a profound impact on our body. This recipe provides the body with good quality fats for energy and brainpower, micronutrients that fuels the body with vitamins and minerals, and collagen for improved skin, stronger joints, faster recovery, and better sleep. Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis so the extra vitamin c in the recipe give the soup a nice boost.
In addition, soups enable us to add way more vegetables into our diets in an easy and tasty way. The good fats and quality salt gives the soup an incredible taste that makes it easy to consume on a regular basis. On top of that, combining the good fats allow our bodies to better absorb all of the micronutrients that the vegetables provide. All vitamins besides vitamin B and vitamin C are fat-soluble vitamins, meaning that they need dietary fat in order for the body to absorb it properly. Two birds one stone my friends! That’s a WIN.
Not to mention, soup is super convenient as an on the go option. Warm the soup up and place it in a thermos or another type of insulated bottle. It’ll stay warm for hours. I love taking it with me to work, on the golf course, and low key, when I go out at night. Game Changer!
Feel free to get funky with this recipe and make it your own. The base of the recipe will be the same for most soups that you make. However, you can change the vegetables up at any time and make it an entirely different meal. I like adding Bulletproof Collagen protein for added protein and collagen. I also like to cut up other grass fed meats and pastured chicken to give it even more substance. By all means, do you and have fun!
What you’ll need:
- High-Powered Blender (I prefer Blendtec)
- 1 Box of Kettle and Fire Bone Broth (or the grass fed broth of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil (or your favorite MCT oil)
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or your favorite sea salt
- 2 cups of organic broccoli (or veggies of choice)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 scoop American Nutriceuticals Vitality C (or another good quality vitamin C power)
- If using frozen vegetables, blanch first so they are not frozen
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour contents into a stainless steel pot and heat on the stove on medium/low heat until it reaches your desired temperature