Beyond Organic Vanilla Ice Cream
I’ve grown tired of the narrative that tasty desserts can’t be low sugar, low carb, and DELICIOUS. That Problem is now solved! Pull out the old ice cream maker (I use the Cuisine Art one that uses a frozen bowl) and lets get to it. This recipe is a play off of the Bulletproof “Get Some” Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from the Bulletproof cookbook (which I highly recommend). It is packed with high quality, brain-boosting fats that can enhance energy, focus, and hormone health. This is great for anyone on a Keto, Paleo, high fat/low carb diet, or anyone who loves good quality food. While this is a vanilla recipe, it can easily be changed to other flavors just by adding other quality ingredients. Make it your own, have fun with it, and enjoy!
- 6 large pastured eggs
- 6 large pastured egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons of organic vanilla extract
- 12 drops apple cider vinegar
- 9 tablespoons grass fed unsalted butter (softened)
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil (or MCT oil)
- 8 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener (I prefer Lakano brand)
- up to ½ cup of water or ice (as needed for consistency)
In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the water/ice and blend until creamy. Add water or ice slowly and blend again- for a creamy consistency add water only until the mixture is the thickness of a heavy cream. For an icier texture, add more water.
Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If not using an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture to a large container and place in the freezer until frozen, about 2 hours or overnight.
Beyond Organic Chocolate Protein Brownies
Makes 15 brownies
These chocolate protein brownies are a perfect way to utilize the separated egg whites from the vanilla ice cream recipe. I freestyle the recipe for the most part. If the mixture is too thick, I add more egg whites, if it is too thin, I add some more protein powder or flour.
- 10 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener (Lakanto brand)
- 2 scoops Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein(vanilla flavor)
- 2 tablespoons of grass fed unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons sweet rice flour or almond flour
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Line glass baking pan with a small amount of avocado oil to prevent sticking. Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If avocado oil rises to the top, pour it out into a bowl. Cut brownie while hot, and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving. ENJOY!